Latest findings on resilience are reviewed regularly by our Center experts and are highlighted in this Digest. Here, we focus on publications aligned with the mission of the Lee Kum Sheung Center for Health and Happiness, namely exploring links between mental and physical health, and examining social factors that shape psychological resources for resilience and recovery.
- Denckla CA, Cicchetti D, Kubzansky LD, Seedat S, Teicher MH, Williams DR, Koenen KC (2020). Psychological resilience: an update on definitions, a critical appraisal, and research recommendations. European Journal of Psychotraumatology.
- Krueger EA & Upchurch DM (2020). Sexual orientation, social support, and mental health resilience in a U.S. national sample of adults. Behavioral Medicine.
- Miller-Graff LE (2020). The Multidimensional Taxonomy of Individual Resilience. Tauma, Violence, & Abuse.
- Riehm, KE, Brenneke, SG, Adams, LB, et al. Association between psychological resilience and changes in mental distress during the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of Affective Disorders. In press.
- Yoon S, Maguire-Jack K, Knox J, Ploss A (2020). Socio-Ecological Predictors of Resilience Development Over Time Among Youth With a History of Maltreatment. Child Maltreatment.