Oluwapelumi Shodubi Undergraduate Delta Scholar, 2021 – 2022

Head shot of Oluwapelumi Shodubi

Can you please introduce yourself?

My name is Oluwapelumi Shodubi, and I hail from Lagos, Nigeria. During my participation in the Delta Scholars program, I pursued a double major in Biology and Chemistry at Mississippi Valley State University.

What are you currently doing/studying?

Currently, I am a PhD Student in the Department of Biological Chemistry at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. My aspiration lies in delving into the molecular underpinnings of diseases, with the aim of contributing to groundbreaking research that illuminates potential new pathways for drug discovery, and enhances disease prevention, diagnosis, and treatment, thereby fostering healthier global communities.

What did you learn from the Delta Scholars program and how has the program helped you?

My engagement in the Delta Scholars program provided me with a unique opportunity to cultivate a multidisciplinary perspective on challenges in public health. Through involvement in interdisciplinary coursework, collaborative research initiatives, and networking with esteemed faculty and peers, the program refined my critical thinking, research skills, and comprehensive understanding of complexities within health-related domains. These experiences positioned me effectively for the pursuit of an advanced degree in biomedical science, equipping me to address scientific inquiries from population health standpoints. By merging principles of public health with biomedical intricacies, the Delta Scholars program has bestowed upon me a comprehensive skill set that augments my research proficiency and contributes to meaningful advancements in comprehending and addressing intricate health issues.

Tell us something interesting about you!

One of the most captivating facets of my life is my profound affection for adventure photography. Beyond my academic and professional commitments, I immerse myself in exploring remote landscapes, capturing the essence of nature’s beauty through my camera lens. Whether ascending mist-laden mountains or gliding through tranquil lakes in a kayak, I am consistently on a quest for that perfect shot that encapsulates the captivating moments our world has to offer.