Carl G. Streed Jr (he/him) earned his medical degree from Johns Hopkins, where he advocated for the inclusion of LGBT health in the curricula of the Schools of Medicine, Nursing, and Public Health, increased the visibility and value of the LGBT community through community advocacy, and achieved transgender equity in health insurance coverage. He completed fellowship in General Internal Medicine at Brigham & Women’s Hospital focused on sexual and gender minority health. Nationally, Carl has served as the American Medical Student Association LGBT Policy Coordinator, served on the board of GLMA, and chaired the American Medical Association Advisory Committee on LGBTQ Issues. Carl’s efforts to improve the health and well-being of LGBT individuals and communities have earned him the Johns Hopkins Diversity Leadership Award, the AMSA James Slayton National Award for Leadership Excellence, AMA Foundation Excellence in Medicine Award, the Erickson-Zoellers Point Foundation Scholarship as well as recognition by the Obama White House.
- Streed CG Jr, McCarthy EP, Haas JS. Association Between Gender Minority Status and Self-Reported Physical and Mental Health in the United States. JAMA Intern Med. 2017 Aug 01; 177(8):1210-1212.
- Eliason MJ, Streed CG Jr. Choosing “Something Else” as a Sexual Identity: Evaluating Response Options on the National Health Interview Survey. LGBT Health. 2017 Oct; 4(5):376-379.
- Streed CG Jr, McCarthy EP, Haas JS. Self-Reported Physical and Mental Health of Gender Nonconforming Transgender Adults in the United States. LGBT Health. 2018 Sep 5. doi: 10.1089/lgbt.2017.0275.
- Streed CG Jr, Hedian HF, Bertram A, Sisson SD. Assessment of Internal Medicine Resident Preparedness to Care for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer/Questioning Patients. J Gen Intern Med. 2019 Mar 7. doi: 10.1007/s11606-019-04855-5
- Ewald ER, Guerino P, Dragon C, Laffan AM, Goldstein Z, Streed CG. Identifying Medicare Beneficiaries Accessing Transgender-Related Care in the Era of ICD-10. LGBT Health. 2019: 2325-8306 (Electronic).
- Streed CG Jr, Harfouch O, Marvel F, Blumenthal RS, Martin SS, Mukherjee M. Cardiovascular Disease Among Transgender Adults Receiving Hormone Therapy: A Narrative Review. Ann Intern Med. 2017 Aug 15; 167(4):256-267.
- Chaiet SR, Yoshikawa N, Sturm A, Flanary V, Ishman S, Streed CG Jr. The Otolaryngologist’s Role in Providing Gender-Affirming Care: An Opportunity for Improved Education and Training. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2018 Feb 1:194599818758270.
- Dubin SN, Nolan IT, Streed CG Jr, Greene RE, Radix AE, Morrison SD. Transgender health care: improving medical students’ and residents’ training and awareness. Adv Med Educ Pract. 2018 May 21;9:377-391. doi: 10.2147/AMEP.S147183.
- Streed CG Jr, Davis JA. Improving Clinical Education and Training on Sexual and Gender Minority Health. Current Sexual Health Reports. 2018 Dec, 10(4): 273-280. doi: 10.1007/s11930-018-0185-y.
- Streed CG Jr, Anderson SA, Babitts C, Ferguson MA. Changing Medical Practice, Not Patients — Putting an End to Conversion Therapy. N Engl J Med. 2019 Aug 8; 381:500-502. DOI: 10.1056/NEJMp1903161.
Other Web Presences
801 Massachusetts Ave, Rm 2082
Boston, MA 02118