Applicants should have completed graduate degrees and demonstrated potential leadership capacity in their home countries. They are expected to show strong promise and appropriate preparation (including facility in English) to enable them to benefit from a period at Harvard. Further, they are expected to have made, or intend to make, a commitment to a career in health for which participation in the Program will be of significant value. Applications may come from any relevant discipline or profession (e.g., medicine, law, public health, economics, management, and social sciences).
For more information about the Program you are welcome to watch:
- Takemi Program 30th Anniversary Symposium Video
- Personal Reflections of (1991-92) Takemi Fellow Uche Amazigo
- Personal Reflections of (1992-93) Takemi Fellow Mallavarapu Prakasamma
Applicants should take the initiative to identify and obtain funding for the Fellowship. Please note that The Takemi Program does not provide funding. Please click here for a list of funding sources past Fellows have found useful.
Required Application Materials- please send by email to email@example.com
- Application information sheet
- Cover letter– Please also include a brief but specific cover letter stating what you plan to accomplish during the Fellowship (and confirming that your data will have been collected and will be ready for analysis when you arrive for the Fellowship).
- Proposal of research and writing to be undertaken during the Fellowship– The proposal should not exceed five typewritten pages and should include a clear statement of objectives, significance or relevance, data sources, and methodology. The proposal should discuss how the Fellowship at Harvard will contribute to strengthening the capabilities of the applicant’s country. Please note that data should be collected and ready for analysis before arriving to the Program.
- Curriculum vitae
- Publications list
- Short sample of something you have published in English
- Documentation of English Language Proficiency (see application form for additional details)
- Three letters of reference (Recommendation letters should be sent directly by the referee to the Takemi Program by email – firstname.lastname@example.org).
The proposal should not exceed five typewritten pages and should include a clear statement of objectives, significance or relevance, data sources, and methodology. The proposal should discuss how the Fellowship at Harvard will contribute to strengthening the capabilities of the applicants country. Please note that data should be collected and ready for analysis before arriving to the Program.
Applications and proposals for 2015-16 (August 1, 2015-June 30, 2016) must be received by March 15, 2015. Applicants will be notified of the Program’s decision in early May. Fellows are expected to begin their appointments on August 1 of each year, for eleven months.
Please send complete applications by email to: email@example.com
Recommendation letters should also be sent directly by the referee to the Takemi Program by email.
You can download an application to the Takemi Program in one of the following formats: