Deserving students

Esther and Sumner Feldberg
Esther and Sumner Feldberg

“Harvard School of Public Health draws young people who will go on to do wonderful work around the world–but who will not be as well compensated for that work as those of us who went to Harvard Business School. I am delighted to support fellowships that allow more deserving students to attend.”

Sumner Feldberg, AB ’45, MBA ’49, retired chairman of TJX Companies, Inc., and Esther Feldberg have supported fellowships at HSPH, as well as the Sumner and Esther Feldberg Professorship of Maternal and Child Health currently held by Marie McCormick.

“I created a fellowship at HSPH in my father’s name in recognition of the tremendous inspiration he has been to me. He feels strongly about supporting the School because of its mission to do good in the world and because it doesn’t have as large a donor base as other parts of the University. This seemed like the perfect way to honor him.”

Michael Feldberg, AB ’73, JD ’77, Partner, Allen & Overy LLP, and his wife Ruth Lazarus support the Sumner L. Feldberg Fellowship at Haravard School of Public Health.

“It means a lot to me that, through supporting HSPH, I am able to honor my father and his commitment to the School, as well as promote a cause I am very passionate about. Under the direction of Professor Bryn Austin, eating disorders prevention is for the first time being integrated into a public health curriculum. I am hopeful that this will get more people involved in addressing eating disorders–not just through treatment, but through prevention.”

Ellen Feldberg Gordon, AB ’76, marriage and family therapist, and her husband Michael Gordon support the Ellen Feldberg Gordon Fund for Eating Disorders Research.