Communications Internship at the Harvard Chan India Research Center
The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health India Research Center, an office of Harvard Global Research Support Centre India, is seeking applications for communication and design interns.
Interns get the opportunity to work closely with the Harvard Chan India Center team, researchers and faculty from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Public Health organizations within India and abroad. Interns participate in key activities of the Center, and gain a first-hand experience of projects ranging across research, training, and knowledge translation and communication.
Scope of Work:
- Assist the designing of dissemination material for the Center including compilation of review summaries and report writing along with development of translation materials such as technical briefs, fact sheets, web materials, journal abstracts, press-release, conference-related posters, videos, infographics, and photo stories.
- Support the development of project-related communication.
- Support with editing, formatting, designing layout, producing and/or uploading, and disseminating various communication pieces.
- Coordinate with the team members in designing regular newsletters and social media updates.
- Writing longform and shortform content based on briefs for the work and projects of the IRC.
- Support the team in designing, handling, and updating the Center’s website and development of the Public Health Knowledge hub / Repository on the IRC website
- Assisting project teams as required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Candidates with a degree in communications and design are encouraged to apply. Proficiency with writing and Adobe Suite, primarily InDesign and Premiere Pro, is required. Excellent command over MS Office applications, especially MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel, is preferred. Additionally, experience in social media, graphic design and writing, with knowledge of design tools like WordPress, Photoshop, Illustrator is desirable.
- For Current Students: Students currently engaged in an educational institution will be required to provide a No- Objection Certificate from their institute within 15 days of starting the Internship.
- For Recent Graduates: In the case of a recent graduate, the candidate is expected to provide a copy of their diploma. A recent graduate will qualify as an intern if they have graduated within the past 18 months.
Candidates are encouraged to apply with a detailed CV and Cover letter describing their interest and intent for the position. Please send your application by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.