Welcome to the Harvard Chan Occupational and Environmental Medicine Residency (OEMR)! The Harvard Chan OEMR is an ACGME-accredited 2-year training program for physicians leading to board-eligibility in Occupational and Environmental Medicine, one of the three specialties of Preventive Medicine. It was among the first such programs in the United States, and is recognized as one of the best Occupational and Environmental Medicine (OEM) residencies worldwide. We emphasize rigorous training, excellence in clinical OEM, cutting-edge research, and a diverse balance of unique OEM opportunities. Supervision comes from an outstanding nationally- and internationally-renowned faculty with a history of producing specialists who have become leaders devoted to improving environmental and occupational health in academia, government, industry, health care, and non-governmental organizations.
For more information, please feel free to contact:
Stefanos Kales, MD, MPH, FACP, FACOEM (OEMR 1992)
- Director, Occupational and Environmental Medicine Residency
- Professor in the Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health
- Division Chief of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance
- Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Areas of specialty: Firefighter’s health; Hazardous materials and chemical emergencies;
Heavy metals; Predictors of cardiovascular outcomes.
Annie Rodriguez, MA
- Coordinator, Occupational and Environmental Medicine Residency