Photo By Jim Mahoney for Coverage
Leveraging science from across Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and beyond, we inspire climate action by making it personal, actionable, and urgent.
Empowering medical professionals to be effective leaders
Climate change matters to doctors, nurses and their patients. Through our Climate MD program, we help medical professionals add their voice to the national conversation by:
- Reaching health leaders through health care journalists and major medical journals
- Updating clinical guidance to reflect climate risks
- Educating medical leaders on the impacts of climate on health
- Building climate resilient community health clinics
- Communicating directly with patients
Frontline Health Clinics
Protecting patients from climate risks
We are working with frontline health clinics to protect patients’ health from climate shocks like heatwaves, hurricanes, flooding, and wildfires. Our programs work with clinic providers, staff, and patients to prevent harm from the climate crisis and improve health equity.
Creator and Entertainment Industry
Integrating climate themes into all media
We help showrunners, producers, writers, and influencers integrate climate themes into entertainment content so that climate challenges and solutions become part of everyday conversations. The more audiences learn and talk about climate change, the more empowered they are to take action and protect their health.
Changing the Climate Narrative
Bringing attention to meaningful and effective climate actions
Our experts regularly educate decision-makers and interview with local, national, and global outlets on how climate solutions improve health, advance equity, and forestall the next pandemic.
- To give editors and reporters the tools they need to identify new stories, use health framing, and focus on solutions, we create strategic partnerships with media organizations to provide training and editorial planning, build original programming and participate in professional development events, including a 3-day intensive Covering Climate Change workshop.
- To help scientists, medical professionals, and researchers effectively translate their work to key audiences, we provide media training, planning, and communications support.