Career Connect is the job listing database used by our office and it is where we post all jobs that are sent to us by faculty, administrators, employers, and alumni. Students and alumni can search for jobs internships, and fellowships on Career Connect.
Below are instructions for getting started:
Login with your Harvard email address and if you created a password, use your CareerConnect password. If you do not have a password or need to recover your password, select “forgot password.”
Search & Apply for Jobs
- When you click on Jobs, you can click on Discover, and you will be able to perform a keyword (can be a word or the job posting number) or location search from this page. You will have the option to view the entire job list by clicking ‘See all jobs’.
- Filters – When you are on the job search list, you will see default filters for “Show Me”, “Position Type”, “Industry” and “Job Function.” Additional filters will be located under “More Filters.” When you click on “More Filters”, a window will open showing filters such as posted and apply by date ranges.
- Job Alerts – After searching for a job, you will see a “Create Job Alert” button. Clicking the button will automatically set up a weekly alert. You may change the frequency of the alert, or run the alert at any time. Once an alert is created, the button will change from blue to green with text that reads “Created Job Alert”. A new Job Alert will be added to the alerts menu above the button, which will show the number of total job alerts. The next time you search on a keyword, location, or filter, the search button will change back to “Create Job Alert”.
- Review the job details and application instructions by clicking “Apply.”
- View a list of your job applications under “Jobs” > “My Job Applications.”
Make sure to also download the CareerConnect mobile app – Download “Careers by Symplicity”, search for Harvard University, T.H. Chan School of Public Health. The mobile app has many useful functions, including a calendar which lists all of our events. You can also “follow” employers and be notified when those employers post jobs.
Depending upon the type of position you are seeking, you may also want to look at other job listing sites. While there are many sites where jobs (including internships and fellowships) are listed, including the websites of employers, below are some popular sites for public health positions:
- Publichealthjobs.org – Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH) job listings
- APHA Public Health CareerMart – American Public Health Association Job listings
- Harvard Sudent University Job listings and Harvard University Job listings
- National Association of County and City Health Officials – Public health job postings
- Public Health Employment Connection – Rollins School of Public Health job postings
- University of Washington Public Health Job Listings
- CareerShift – Comprehensive job and company search tool
- Indeed.com – Meta job search tool
- Simplyhired.com – Meta job search tool
- Idealist.org – Tool for jobs in the non-profit/public sector
- Higher Education Recruiting Consortium – Job listings in higher education
- HigherEdJobs – Higher education job listings
- Devex – Global (humanitarian, health and sustainability) jobs
- Usajobs.gov – US federal government jobs
- LinkedIn Jobs
- findeconjobs – search site for health economics and related positions worldwide
- ZipRecruiter Jobs in Public Health