- This event has passed.
Africa-Asia Roundtable – Pandemics: Surveillance, Preparedness, and Response
2021/05/18 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
Over two days, we will convene four panels to further explore questions around vaccines and vaccine development, technology transfer, capacity building, and global cooperation strategies for combating pandemics. What lessons can the world learn from Africa’s response to previous epidemics/pandemics including Ebola and HIV/AIDS and the current COVID-19 pandemic? What is the role of global cooperation between Africa-Asia, and China-India-Africa in particular? Is the COVID-19 crisis and response, including vaccine development and distribution, an opportunity for a new era of global cooperation?
- H.E. Sarah Mbi Enow Anyang Agbor, Commissioner for Human Resources, Science and Technology, African Union Commission
- Dr. George Gao, Director, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Dr. Jeffrey Koplan, Vice President for Global Health, Emory University and Cofounder, International Association of National Public Health Institutes (IANPHI)
- Dr. Rebecca Martin, Director of the Center for Global Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Dr. Ahmed Ogwell Ouma, Deputy Director, Africa Center for Disease Control and Prevention