- This event has passed.
From idea to impact: The new market for public health entrepreneurs
June 14th, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Hosted by Harvard Public Health Magazine
Investors have traditionally given short shrift to public health, seeing it as a field for do-gooders, not a vehicle for profits. But that’s starting to change. More academic researchers and public health professionals are seeking to take their discoveries commercial, and more investors are willing to listen. In this panel, Harvard Public Health magazine brings together founders and investors to talk about the challenges — and rewards— of developing affordable goods and services aimed at improving health on a population scale.
Meg Tirrell, CNBC
- George Scangos, CEO, Vir Biotechnology
- Jenny Yip, managing partner, Adjuvant Capital
- Mariana Matus, co-founder and CEO, Biobot Analytics
- Tim Rowe, founder and CEO, Cambridge Innovation Center
- Dan Wexler, CEO, founder and CEO, EatWell