- This event has passed.
The COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout: What’s Ahead?
January 22 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
THE DR. LAWRENCE H. AND ROBERTA COHN FORUMS
Presented jointly by The Forum at the Harvard Chan School and NPR
As the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines unfolds in the United States, numerous questions around distribution, supply, hesitancy and efficacy persist. And the stakes have never been higher, as numbers of deaths and cases repeatedly break records. In this discussion, experts will review the COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan, address safety concerns, explore upcoming expected vaccines, and discuss implications of virus variants.
· Scott Hensley, Editor, NPR Science
· Barry R. Bloom, The Joan L. and Julius H. Jacobson Research Professor of Public Health and Former Dean, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
· Marc Lipsitch, Professor of Epidemiology and Director of the Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
· Nancy Messonnier, Director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
· Sandra Nelson, Associate Physician, Division of Infectious Diseases, Massachusetts General Hospital