- Bård Anders Andreassen and Stephen P. Marks, Development as a Human Right: Legal, Political and Economic Dimensions, 2nd revised edition, Intersentia, 2010.
- Stephen P. Marks, Human Rights and Development, in Sarah Joseph (ed.), International Human Rights: A Research Handbook, Edward Elgar Publisher (UK), 2010, pp. 167-195.
- Stephen P. Marks, The Process of Creating a New Constitution in Cambodia, in Laurel E. Miller (ed.), Framing the State in Times of Transition: Case Studies in Constitution Making, United States Institute of Peace, Washington, D.C., 2010, pp. 207-244.
- Stephen P. Marks, “Poverty and Human Rights,” in Daniel Moeckli, Sangeeta Shah, Sandesh Sivakumaran and David Harris (eds.), Textbook on International Human Rights Law, Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Obligations to Implement the Right to Development: Political, Legal, and Philosophical Rationales, in Bård Anders Andreassen and Stephen P. Marks (eds.), Development as a Human Right: Legal, Political and Economic Dimensions, Brussels: Intersentia, 2010, pp. 73-100.
- Stephen P. Marks, “Human Rights In Development: Claims and Controversies,” in special issue of The Bangladesh Development Studies (The BDS) published by the Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), Volume XXXIII, Numbers 1 & 2, March 2010, pp. 1-23.
- Stephen P. Marks and Nicholas Cooper, The Responsibility to Protect: Watershed, or Old Wine in a New Bottle, Jindal Global Law Review (India), Volume 2, Issue 1, September 2010, pp.86-130.
- Stephen P. Marks, The Right to Essential and Emergency Surgery, paper presented at The Harvard Symposium on the Role of Surgery in Global Health: Addressing the crisis – Anesthesia, Surgical need and Global Health dialogue, November 5, 2010, 16 pp.
- Stephen P. Marks, The Politics of the Possible: the Way Ahead for the Right to Development, International Policy Analysis, Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, June 2011, 14 pp.
Finished and in preparation for publication
- Freedom from Poverty as a Human Right: Economic Perspectives
- The Right to Health in Comparative Perspective
- Research Handbook on Human Rights and Development (Edward Elgar’s collection of research handbooks)
- Publication on RTD 25
- Health and Human Rights: Basic International Documents, 3rd ed.
Book chapters and articles in preparation
- Defining and enshrining the right to Health, in José M. Zuniga and Lawrence O. Gostin (eds.), Achieving the Human Right to Health, Oxford University Press (in preparation)
- Human Rights, in Christopher Bates (ed.), Encyclopedia of Global Social Issues (in preparation)
- Human Evolution and Biology as Challenges to the Moral Claims of Human Rights, in . Dirk Hanschel (ed.), Mensch und Recht (“The Human Being and the Law”). Liber amicorum Eibe Riedel
Harvard Series on Health and Human Rights, Harvard University Press