While the program is interdisciplinary in its orientation, students will be part of a Field of Study that is chosen during the application process.
- Environmental Health (EH)
- Epidemiology (EPI)
- Global Health and Population (GHP)
- Nutrition (NUT)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS)
These Fields of Study are affiliated with the departments participating in this program. Each Field of Study includes Areas of Specialization.
Choosing a Field of Study and one Area of Specialization within that Field of Study signals the beginning of a journey towards developing competence in a targeted area. Field of Study-specific training will be delivered through targeted courses and research assistantships.
Students are also encouraged to explore interest in another Field of Study during the program by working with faculty across fields in order to develop deeper knowledge and have a more collaborative and complete experience.
For specific questions, please contact the corresponding person responsible for the administration of each field.
- Barbara Zuckerman, Environmental Health, tel: 617-432-2109
- Eric DiGiovanni, Epidemiology, tel: 617-432-1328
- Barbara Heil, Global Health & Population, tel: tel: 617-432-1179
- Stefanie Dean, Nutrition, tel: 617-432-1528
- Whitney Waddell, Social & Behavioral Sciences, tel: 617-432-3761