PQG Student/Postdoc Travel Fund
The Program in Quantitative Genomics (PQG) offers PQG students and postdocs an opportunity to apply for research travel support to present their research at professional meetings and workshops. A limited amount of funding is available for both domestic and international trips. The applications will be reviewed by the PQG Travel Fund Committee.
Deadlines for applications: October 15, January 15 and May 15.
- The Applicant must be a PQG Associate student or postdoc (see Membership to apply)
- Travel support is awarded up to $500 for domestic or international travel, to be reimbursed after travel is completed.
- Must follow travel guidelines listed below to be eligible for reimbursement.
- Applicants are only eligible to receive funding one time.
To apply for travel funds, please fill out the application above, and also email a copy of your CV and a conference program to Amanda King. All applications will be acknowledged and response to the funding request will be addressed as quickly as possible.
Important notes for booking flights or hotels to qualify for reimbursement:
- Flights: must be booked on a US Airline, booked at the lowest-price, non-stop, coach/economy class airfare
- Hotel: must be booked in a standard room (no deluxe or suites)
- Travel Time: must be within the dates of the conference program (travel the day before and day after conference dates are OK – but no extended trips)
If you have any other questions about flights or hotels please let us know BEFORE booking.