To qualify for consideration, applicants must submit a completed application online that includes the following:
- Goals: Briefly describe the specific research goals to be completed during the fellowship, preferably including identified department(s) and/or mentor(s) at the School (750 words)
- Background: A personal statement discussing the origin of current and past research accomplishments, interests, and/or goals (250 words)
- Curriculum vitae
- One publication sample (manuscript under review or dissertation excerpt is acceptable)
- Official graduate school transcript
- 2 letters of recommendation*
*A submission link with deadline information will be sent to your two (2) references only after you submit your complete application.
Each application will be reviewed on the following criteria:
- Academic and professional achievements to date
- Demonstration of potential for leadership in public health professions
- Potential for significant contributions to academic area of expertise
- Interpersonal and communications skills (written and oral)
- Individual plans for incorporating the fellowship experience into specific career goals
Finalists will be notified and contacted for an interview via Zoom or in person. All applicants will be notified of their status. Applicants who are selected for interviews will receive details about the remainder of the process upon invitation.
The Ideal Candidate
The Fellowship seeks candidates whose research, teaching, and service will contribute to a stronger, more diverse public health community. The program is particularly interested in scholars with the potential to bring to their research and teaching a critical understanding of the experiences of historically underrepresented groups in higher education.
Ideal applicants will show a demonstrated interest in and experience with independent research, advanced scientific publication, and grant writing, even if in the context of team science or scholarly collaborations.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted through the online application portal, which will go live on August 5, 2021. The deadline to submit applications is October 30, 2021 at 11:59 EDT. Deadline for letters of recommendation is now November 15, 2021 at 11:59 EDT.