BLUEbikes is the public bike share system in Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Everett and Somerville. There are 3,000+ bikes and 300+ stations across the metro area, designed to make quick trips around town affordable, fun and convenient.
How to use BLUEbikes:
- Join: Harvard affiliates receive a discount!
- Unlock: Find an available bike nearby and use your member key to unlock it.
- Ride: Take as many short rides (45 minutes or less) as you want while your membership is active. Longer than 45 minutes incurs a fee.
- Return: Return the bike to any station and wait for the icon on the dock to illuminate, indicating that it’s locked.
BLUEBikes stations in the LMA:
- Corner of Avenue Louis Pasteur and Longwood Ave, across from Vanderbilt Hall
- Corner of Avenue Louis Pasteur and Fenway, next to Simmons College
- Corner of Brookline Avenue and Longwood Ave, next to Beth Israel
- Corner of Tremont St / Huntington Ave /Francis St (Brigham Circle), in front of Penguin Pizza
Harvard affiliates pay $70 per year ($29 discount) for unlimited 30-minute rides.
- For more information visit the Harvard Transportation website – http://www.transportation.harvard.edu/commuterchoice/bike/blue-bikes-bike-share-program