PLEASE NOTE: The parameters of our Fitness Benefit are for reimbursements to memberships of health clubs ONLY. For example: ClassPass, OrangeTheory, SweatApp, Peloton, yoga studios, boxing gyms, climbing gyms, etc. do not qualify for this benefit.
Please use the FY22 Fitness Benefit form for health club or gym facility memberships purchased after July 1, 2021.
The Harvard Chan School fitness benefit provides financial assistance to benefits-eligible faculty, staff and postdoctoral fellows who wish to enhance their well being through a membership to a health club of their choice. The benefit can be used to pay for individual or family memberships to health clubs. For additional information regarding the benefit, please visit our Frequently Asked Fitness Benefit Questions page.
How to Apply for the FY22 Fitness Benefit Reimbursement:
Fitness Benefit Reimbursement requests for FY22 (July 1 2021 – June 30, 2022) are due by July 9, 2022.
- Verify that you are eligible to participate in this benefit. You must have completed one year of service as a benefits-eligible employee at the Harvard Chan School to begin using the Fitness Benefit.
- Verify health club eligibility. A health club or gym facility is eligible if the facility includes cardiovascular and/or weight training equipment that is accessible to you to use independently of a class or personal trainer.
- Complete the FY22 Fitness Benefit reimbursement form. Fill out all relevant sections, sign (electronically), and submit.
- Approvals: Human Resources will approve completed request forms and forward them to Financial Services for processing.
- *Payments will be processed as additional pay compensation and will take approximately 4 – 6 weeks to appear in a separate paycheck and deposit. Please note that if you have multiple direct deposits, this will also apply to your reimbursement. To review your payment, first, log on to “PeopleSoft Employee Self Service”, click on “View Paycheck”, then click on “View a Different Paycheck” (it is located on the top right-hand side of your paycheck). This reimbursement appears as a separate line. This amount will be larger than your requested reimbursement, and that is because the amount is grossed up so that you receive the full benefit after taxes.
*NOTE: If you submit your fitness benefit form in June or beginning of July, it may take approximately 6-8 weeks.
If you have a question concerning your reimbursement, the form, or these instructions, please check the Frequently Asked Fitness Benefit Questions or contact HR by emailing email@example.com or calling 617-432-0979.
For additional savings, go to the HLC Perks and Benefits page under Wellness Benefits.