STUDENT LIAISONS of the Senior Leadership Fellows Program (SLFP) are volunteers, selected by an application process, who work in small teams 2-3 to help integrate each Senior Leadership Fellow into the fabric of Harvard Chan and the University at-large by introducing them to the community’s people, culture, and events.
Senior Leadership Fellows are in residence on campus for approximately 9 weeks; and in cases of short-term fellows, only 1-2 weeks. Given the abundance of resources at Harvard, one can hardly expect to see and do it all. However, Student Liaisons can greatly enrich a Senior Leadership Fellow’s experience by sharing with them their own network and knowledge. Student Liaisons share their personal Harvard experience and their connections to student groups, events, faculty, and other campus going-ons.
Seeing Harvard through a student’s perspective provides each Senior Leadership Fellow with a fuller sample of the Harvard community. In return, Student Liaisons build unique relationships with esteemed global leaders of public heath decision-making.
Our Current Fellow is Subramaniam Sathasivam (Dr. Subra): Minister of Health of Malaysia (2013-2018); October 18 – December 17, 2021. Click here to apply.
- The application and selection process for Student Liaisons generally takes place about a month prior to the arrival of a Senior Leadership Fellow. Note: The process may be delayed for positions pertaining to Fellows in the Fall 1 term, since a Fellow for that term will arrive prior to most students returning to campus.
- A separate application process for Student Liaisons will be held for each incoming Senior Leadership Fellow.
- Open positions and links to online applications will be posted on this page.
- Program staff will review all applications, meet with select candidates, and notify those chosen for positions.
- Contribute ideas of activities, meetings, and events that may be of interest to the Senior Leadership Fellow.
- Meet regularly with the rest of the Student Liaison team and the Senior Leadership Fellow.
- Meet as needed with the Senior Leadership Fellows Program (SLFP) staff for support and collaboration.
Testemonials from Students:
“The student liaison program provided me the unique opportunity to form a relationship with Governor Strickland, and it has been one of the most rewarding professional and personal development experiences in my time at Harvard Chan. I greatly benefited from the program’s commitment to one-on-one engagement between the students and Senior Leadership Fellow, and in introducing Governor Strickland to the Harvard Chan community, I was exposed not only to Governor Strickland’s career in public service, but also to areas of the Harvard community I had not previously explored.”
Ali Foti, MPH ’19, Student Liaison for Ted Strickland, Menschel Fellow ’18
“I worked closely with the Institute of Politics and Mason Fellows while at HKS and recognized the value of Fellow programs, but my time with Governor Strickland surpassed all of my expectations. In fact, it has been one of my most meaningful experiences since enrolling at HSPH. I thoroughly enjoyed making Governor Strickland feel welcome and a part of our school.”
Amy Bantham, MPP, MSc | DrPH Candidate’20, Student Liaison for Ted Strickland, Menschel Fellow ’18