Session Title: The Culture Of Health: How Income, Work & Food Affect Health And Health Equity
Date & Time: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 2:00pm – 3:15pm EST
Description: The July 2020 issue of Health Affairs contains a cluster of articles on a recurring theme: the culture of health, and specifically, how factors outside the health system — like food, income and work — play a significant role in health and health equity.
On Wednesday, July 8, Health Affairs editor in chief Alan Weil hosted an online forum featuring a selection of authors who contributed to the policy proposals and analysis in the issue, and leaders in state and local governments who everyday are striving to find creative, effective and equitable ways to deliver services during these most extraordinary and challenging times.
- Erica Kenney, Assistant Professor, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- Kimm R. Campbell, Assistant County Administrator, Broward County, Florida
- Emilie Courtin, Assistant Professor, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Julia Goodman, Assistant Professor, Oregon Health & Science University and Portland State University
- Marc Nicole, President, National Association of State Budget Officers
- Mona N. Shah, Senior Program Officer, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation