Recipe courtesy of The Culinary Institute of America
• 1 tablespoon chopped ginger root
• 4 scallions, chopped
• 1 teaspoon Serrano chile, chopped
• ½ cup crimini mushrooms, in a ¼-inch dice
• 2 celery stalks, diced
• ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut ½-inch cubes
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 6 tablespoons canola oil
• 4 tablespoons chicken stock
• 1 tablespoon Shaoxing or sherry
• 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
• 2 tablespoons chopped cashews, toasted
• Butter lettuce leaves, as needed
Heat the oil in a wok or skillet. Stir fry the ginger, green onions, chiles, mushrooms, over high heat for 1 minute. Add the celery, and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken and stir fry for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the stock, Shaoxing cooking wine, and soy sauce. Stir fry 1 more minute.
Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve in lettuce cups garnished with toasted macadamia nuts and toasted cashews.
© The Culinary Institute of America
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.