The Nutrition Source is a leading authority on food and nutrition knowledge, providing science-based guidance for healthy living. Based at the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health’s Department of Nutrition, The Nutrition Source offers comprehensive nutrition information through timely articles and FAQ’s, while recipes and tools, including The Healthy Eating Plate, facilitate the translation of food and nutrition knowledge into daily practice. With the media culture full of confusing nutrition misinformation, clinicians, health professionals, journalists, and the general public can rely and trust The Nutrition Source’s independent, clear, and unbiased content—free from industry influence or support.
Launched in 2001, The Nutrition Source accepts no advertising or commercial sponsorship, nor does it endorse any particular products. Expert faculty from the Department of Nutrition and other invited experts review all content before it is posted on the site, and all content is re-reviewed regularly. This website is meant for educational purposes. The contents of this website are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
- Lilian Cheung, Lecturer, Director of Health Promotion and Communication in the Department of Nutrition
The Nutrition Source Editorial Team:
- Brett Otis
- Nancy Oliveira
Former contributors and/or website staff:
- Sari Kalin
- Emily Phares
- Will Koh
- Pat Skerrett
- Hank Dart
- Alberto Ascherio, Professor of Nutrition and Epidemiology
- Wafaie Fawzi, Richard Saltonstall Professor of Population Sciences; Professor of Nutrition, Epidemiology, and Global Health
- Teresa Fung, Adjunct Professor of Nutrition
- Gokhan Hotamisligil, J.S. Simmons Professor of Genetics and Metabolism
- Frank Hu, Fredrick J. Stare Professor of Nutrition and Epidemiology; Chair, Department of Nutrition
- David Hunter, Vincent L. Gregory Professor in Cancer Prevention, Emeritus
- Eric Rimm, Professor in the Departments of Epidemiology and Nutrition
- Frank Sacks, Professor of Cardiovascular Disease Prevention
- Stephanie Smith-Warner, Senior Lecturer on Nutritional Epidemiology
- Meir Stampfer, Professor of Epidemiology and Nutrition
- Walter Willett, Professor of Epidemiology and Nutrition
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.