Seasonal Fruit Compote with Spiced Nuts
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 4 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup whole dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/3 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8-10 cinnamon sticks
- 8-10 mint sprigs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet, warm the olive oil and add the brown sugar. Add apples, pears, and pineapples. Sauté over low heat, stirring often. When fruit starts to get soft, add apricots, cranberries, and cinnamon. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make the spiced nuts, mix the honey with the water. Drizzle over the pecans, walnuts, and almonds, and add nutmeg. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spread out nuts in a single layer. Roast in a 325 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes. Move nuts around with a spatula for even roasting. Add pine nuts and roast for 5 more minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle nuts with vanilla extract. Let nuts stand at room temperature until cooled completely.
- To assemble, spoon compote into wine glasses or ramekins and top with nut mix. Garnish with cinnamon stick and mint sprig.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/8 of recipe 360 calories 3 grams of protein 65 grams of carbohydrates 5 grams of fiber 5 milligrams of sodium 13 grams of fat
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.