Recipe courtesy of Harvard University Dining Services
- 2/3 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 3 cups of canned low sodium garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- A pinch of potassium based salt substitute to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces baby spinach, washed
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
Sauté onion, garlic and tomatoes in oil. Add garbanzo beans and cook for 10 minutes.
Fold in baby spinach and taste to adjust for seasoning.
Garnish with chopped chives.
Nutritional information per serving (1/4 of recipe):
Calories: 280 ⁄ Protein: 14 g ⁄ Carbohydrate: 42 g ⁄ Fiber: 11 g ⁄ Sodium: 135 mg
Saturated fat: 1 g ⁄ Polyunsaturated fat: 0 g ⁄ Monounsaturated fat: 4 g
Trans fat: 0 g ⁄ Cholesterol: 0 mg
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.