Green Beans with Chili Garlic Sauce
- ¾ pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
- ½ medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
- ¼ pound shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red chili garlic sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the green beans to the water. Cook the beans for about 4 minutes, or until they are bright green and still slightly crisp. Meanwhile, prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- Drain the green beans in colander and quickly place them in the ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain the beans again in a colander before proceeding to the next step.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onion, pepper, and mushrooms, and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly, or until the vegetables begin to brown slightly.
- Add the green beans, garlic, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Cook for 30 seconds, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the red chili garlic sauce to the skillet and stir to coat the vegetables well. Remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 80 calories 3 grams of protein 15 grams of carbohydrates 4 grams of fiber 10 milligrams of sodium 2 grams of fat ( 2 grams of monounsaturated fat )
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.