Shaved Fennel Salad with Coriander Crusted Hamachi
- 3 heads of fennel, cored and sliced super thinly on mandoline
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 4 four-ounce pieces of hamachi or ahi, skin-off
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground coriander
- Canola oil for cooking
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place coriander in a pie plate. Season the hamachi with salt and pepper and press both sides of hamachi into coriander.
- Lightly coat a sauté pan with canola oil over high heat and sear the hamachi on both sides, about 30 seconds per side.
- To make salad, combine fennel, lime juice, grapeseed oil, and chives in a large bowl. Check for flavor and season; let macerate for 5 minutes.
- To serve, place a small mound of fennel salad in center of plate and top with thinly sliced hamachi.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 300 calories 28 grams of protein 14 grams of carbohydrates 6 grams of fiber 170 milligrams of sodium 13 grams of fat ( 2 grams of saturated fat 4 grams of monounsaturated fat 7 grams of polyunsaturated fat ) 60 milligrams of cholesterol
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.