Wild Rice with Cranberries and Cider
- ½ cup brown rice
- ½ cup wild rice
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ½ cup dried cranberries, reconstituted in warm water
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt (optional) and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss the sliced shallots with olive oil and a dash of salt if desired, place in a baking dish, and roast until just brown and tender, about 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven and set aside.
- Place the wild rice, brown rice, cider, and water in a deep pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for one minute, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until all of the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the cranberries and shallots to the rice mixture and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 250 calories 5 grams of protein 53 grams of carbohydrates 3 grams of fiber 5 milligrams of sodium
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.