1. Choose good carbs, not no carbs. Whole grains are your best bet.
2. Pay attention to the protein package. Fish, poultry, nuts, and beans are the best choices.
3. Choose foods with healthy fats, limit foods high in saturated fat, and avoid foods with trans fat. Plant oils, nuts, and fish are the healthiest sources.
Coverage from NPR, featuring HSPH’s Fran Grodstein and Meir Stampfer
Whether you’re looking for motivation to start exercising, or are interested in changing up your current routine, here are 10 tips for making exercise a daily habit.
- Piece your workout together. You don’t need to get all your exercise at one time. Ten minutes morning, noon, and night can give much of the same benefit as 30 minutes all at once.
- Exercise with a friend. Finding a workout partner can help keep you on track and motivate you to get out the door. Continue reading
Coverage from Chicago Tribune, featuring HSPH’s Dariush Mozaffarian
Coverage from Healio, featuring HSPH’s Lu Qi.
Coverage by WebMD, featuring HSPH’s Lu Qi
Coverage from MedPage Today, featuring HSPH’s Eric Rimm