Transcripts / Mark Sheets

Applicants are required to enter all coursework from US institutions and English language institutions in Canada attended in the Coursework section of the SOPHAS application and submit official transcripts and degree conferrals for all institutions attended. If you do not wish to enter courses and grades, SOPHAS offers a fee-based service to do it for you.

Applicants to Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health must have a minimum of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college/university or non-U.S. equivalent. Some Harvard Chan School degree programs require additional pre-requisite degrees and/or work experience. For more detail, please see the chart of eligibility requirements .

All Transcripts with Degrees:

As a matter of policy, students may enroll in only one degree program at a time except for the following approved programs: MD/MPH, JD/MPH, and MPH/MUP. Students scheduled to begin a degree program at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in 2024 must show proof of degree conferral for all prior degrees. If an incoming student has not completed the degree(s) (including any required examination, thesis, defense/viva) and has not submitted the degree conferral documentation to the Office of Admissions prior to May 15, 2024 (or August 1st for degrees conferred in Spring of 2024), the student will need to withdraw from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Students in non-qualifying degree programs may take an official leave of absence from their home school for the duration of their Harvard Chan School program instead of withdrawing. A copy of the official, approved leave of absence form must be submitted to the Harvard Chan School Admissions Office. Ordinarily, deferrals are not offered. In the case of extenuating circumstances, students should contact the Office of Admissions by email at, without delay.

Transcripts from the United States and/or Canadian English-language institutions:

Applicants should complete the Official Transcript Request Form found within the SOPHAS application and send it to all domestic post-secondary colleges and universities attended. All official transcripts and their respective request forms must then be sent directly from the school’s registrar to SOPHAS.

All degree conferral documents must contain the student’s first name and last name as well as the degree awarded and the date the degree was conferred.

If you are currently in a degree program, you must submit a current official transcript. If you are accepted for admission, a final official transcript and degree conferral document showing final course grades, the degree awarded, and the date of degree conferral must be submitted prior to enrolling.

International Transcripts/Mark Sheets/Degree Conferrals:

Applicants who have degree coursework from institutions outside of the United States of America and/or non-English-language institutions in Canada must submit a credential evaluation from World Education Services (WES). We require the iCAP WES package that evaluates your transcripts course by course. Evaluations from WES will allow our reviewers to better understand the educational system in which you studied, which may be beneficial for your application review. WES evaluations may be sent directly to SOPHAS by following the instructions posted on the SOPHAS site.

For admitted students: If you are currently in a degree program, an updated, final WES evaluation will be required prior to matriculation at the Harvard Chan School. Please ensure that the WES evaluation is delivered electronically by following these steps: 1. Set Institution or Company equal to “Harvard” 2. Select Harvard University 3. From the drop-down list, select “Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health”

For study abroad transcripts, please see the SOPHAS instructions.

For other non-degree coursework from institutions outside of the United States and/or English-language institutions in Canada, please scan and email unofficial documentation to our office at