The Harvard Chan School has a broad array of courses available to non-degree students. There are various affiliation statuses during the academic year. The eligibility requirements, application process, and registration procedures vary greatly from those in the summer non-degree process. Please be sure to review our Policies including transfer of credits, requirements, and prerequisites carefully on the School’s Course Catalog.
The application and enrollment deadlines are in quick succession. All materials are required to be submitted on time. There are no exceptions to this rule. Non-degree students will need to submit a new application and certain documents each semester. Once the student completes the application, an email with the next steps will be sent. If a student misses the application deadline, they are ineligible to take courses during that part of the term.
Please review the deadlines to ensure all application materials are submitted on time. Deadlines for Academic Year 2020-2021 will be posted in June.
**Visiting scientists and visiting graduate students are NOT eligible to take courses during the academic year.**
Non-Degree application for Harvard affiliated email
The Full Spring/Spring 1 non-degree application is now closed. The Spring 2 non-degree application will open on Thursday, March 3.
Non-Degree Application for non-Harvard affiliated email
The Full Spring/Spring 1 Non-Degree application is now closed. The Spring 2 non-degree application will open on Thursday, March 3.
All Non-Degree students must abide by the following:
We recommend that you receive your immunizations before you arrive at Harvard, since many health insurance plans cover the costs of immunizations. Students unable to receive immunizations before arriving on campus must arrange for immunizations in the local area. If you receive your immunizations at Harvard University Health Services (HUHS), you may be billed for the cost of the immunization.
Harvard Photo ID Card
If you are a new incoming Harvard student you will use the Harvard University’s ID Card Photo Submission Application to submit your photo which will be printed on your Harvard University ID card and included in the University’s Directory.
Please allow 7 to 10 business days from when the application closes to enroll. Upon receiving an email from the Student Guest Coordinator, enroll in your courses via my.harvard.
- Search for courses using Course Search
- After the instructor has provided permission, place yourself on the waitlist. This applies to all Non-Degree Students.
- Once you are on the waitlist, you will have access to Canvas where course materials are located.
- Upon enrolling through my.harvard, after the add/drop deadline and pending available space, students will be enrolled.
- Cost per credit for the 2021-2022 academic year is $1,444.00.
- Payment must be made by the deadline outlined in the enrollment email from the Student Guest Coordinator via the Student Account Portal. Credit cards are not allowed. Failure to pay within that one week period will result in an immediate drop of the course(s), no exceptions.
- Third Party Contracts refer to students whose educational expenses will be paid by a sponsor (defined as outside organizations, affiliated hospitals, institutions, employers, etc), and the Third Party Contract must be submitted. For more information, please see the Office of Financial Aid’s website. This paperwork must be submitted directly to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Students are responsible for paying all course material fees. These fees may be issued after initial tuition is calculated.