US Military Benefits


Veterans or their dependents who attend the Harvard Chan School may be eligible to receive educational benefits through the Veteran’s Administration, as well as those available through the Yellow Ribbon program (up to $10,000 from Harvard Chan matched equally by the VA). Please review the VA’s Education and Training information to see what programs the VA provides as it can vary depending on when and how long you served.

Steps to Apply for Veterans Administration Benefits:
  • Apply for Benefits with the Department of Veteran’s Affairs to receive a Certificate of Eligibility. Only veterans certified by the VA as having 100% eligibility are eligible for Yellow Ribbon benefits.
  • Admitted and/or enrolling students who are receiving VA Benefits for the first time at the School must submit a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility provided by the VA. Students who are continuing their VA Benefits at the School should also provide an updated copy of the Certificate of Eligibility if their eligibility status changes.

VA awards will appear on the student’s financial aid award once the Office of Financial Aid has received both forms and has confirmed eligibility.

Active Duty

Active duty personnel who believe they are eligible to receive benefits through the VA should follow the above steps to apply.  Please note that Active Duty does not qualify for Yellow Ribbon Benefits until August 1, 2022.