The Office of Financial Aid recommends that all prospective students complete the Harvard Chan Grant/Scholarship Application. Grant/scholarship decisions are based on a combination of merit and need – therefore any student interested in funding is encouraged to apply regardless of financial situation. Continuing students are not reconsidered for grant/scholarship aid.
Please be advised that the School has limited grant/scholarship funds and can not fully meet each student’s need. Therefore, the OFA encourages students to explore all funding opportunities. For additional information about funding opportunities both within and outside of the School, please visit Funding Sources and How to Apply page.
Please visit the Funding Sources and How to Apply page on the Admissions website. The Grant/Scholarship Application Deadline for prospective students is January 8th.
We do not reconsider current or continuing students for scholarship aid. If there has been a significant change to your circumstances, set up an appointment with our office to discuss your options. Domestic students continuing in to a second year in eligible degree programs who wish to apply for federal aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). OFA strongly recommends completing the FAFSA no later than March.
The online FAFSA application is available at fafsa.ed.gov:
- The Harvard Chan federal code is E00214 (select Harvard University School of Public Health)
- FAFSA applications are available beginning October 1st
- Eligible degree programs are: MPH45, MPH65, SM, SD/DPH, and DrPH
- Students in ineligible degree programs SHOULD NOT complete the FAFSA
- We strongly encourage applicants make use of the IRS data retrieval tool contained on the FAFSA
- Students may call 800-4FEDAID if they have any FAFSA-related questions or issues
OFA will begin packaging returning students’ Federal Loans and Harvard Chan School Central Scholarships at the end of April. Students should contact their academic departments directly regarding the timeline of notifications of training grants/academic funding.
Students are welcome to contact our office regarding questions on all aspects of financial aid at email@example.com.