Student Employment

Federal Work Study – Domestic Students Only

Pay rates vary based on the employer and should be the same as a non-work study student would be paid. Students may work on-campus or for an approved off-campus employer. Students can use FWS towards practicum positions with off-campus employers.

Additional FWS information can be found on the Student Employment Office website.

Other Employment

Students not eligible for the FWS program can refer to the “How can I find student employment” section above. Please be aware, international students cannot work more than 20 hours/week and domestic students are discouraged from working more than 20 hours/week.  

Research and teaching assistantships 

Research and teaching assistantships are highly competitive and selections are made by the individual Academic Departments/Programs. Pay rates and time commitment vary by position. Students should reach out directly to the academic administrators regarding availability. These positions do not offer tuition remission or other benefits. General information, payment guidelines, and other relevant information can be found on the Office of Education’s website