Shattuck International House is staffed by three Resident Community Advisors (RCAs). The RCAs are students of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and are knowledgeable about the resources available at SPH and Harvard University. Throughout the year, they provide support to the residents of Shattuck and plan social and cultural events to foster a fun and supportive community. The RCAs are supervised and supported by the Housing Manager in the Office for Student Affairs.
How can I become an RCA?
- Applicants must be a current, full-time enrolled student who has completed at least one semester of school at Harvard Chan prior the RCA position start date.
- Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements to live in Shattuck International House, and must maintain eligibility through the duration of the RCA position.
- Applicants must plan to be enrolled for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022.
- Please review the 2021-2022 Resident Community Advisor Position Description for full details.
- Professional development opportunities in event planning, interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, community development, and leadership
- Build connections with residents and with Harvard Chan administration
- 50% reduction in rent for a one bedroom apartment
- Salary and benefits are not included with this position
The RCA application requires the following:
- A current resume or CV uploaded via the application form below
- Responses to the following prompts:
- Tell us about your background and interest in the position.
- How will you contribute toward fostering a welcoming and inclusive community at Shattuck International House?
- How will you balance your academic responsibilities, personal life, and other commitments with the RCA position?
- Two letters of reference uploaded via the application form below or emailed by your reference directly to email@example.com.
We are not currently recruiting for RCAs at this time. Updates on recruitment will be posted to this page when available.
Questions? Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.