Multiple resources are available across the Longwood Medical Area (LMA) and Harvard University to support the collection of research data and data management across all stages of a research project.
The Harvard Biomedical Data Management site provides information to support appropriate labeling, storage, and management of data at all stages of a research project. The web page includes a variety of tools including a lab on-boarding checklist, and a biomedical data lifecycle diagram. Sign up for the group’s email list to receive training announcements and a quarterly newsletter.
The Harvard University Research Data Management site contains information on the data life cycle, links to data policies at Harvard and beyond, and links to other related resources across the University.
- Countway Library Data Services group
- Harvard Chan School Bioinformatics Core
- Harvard Catalyst Bioinformatics Workshops
- DMPTool provides free web-based templates to construct data management plans. Elements of your DMP may be reused in your protocols and in the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and methodology descriptions. The DMPTool provides you with templates, funder mandates, institutional requirements, and other instructional material. A Harvard Medical School Biomedical DMP Template (also relevant for Harvard Chan School investigators) is available on DMPTool. Watch a video tutorial and read about how to access the Harvard Biomedical DMP template. For help contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- REDCap is a free, secure, web-based data management and survey tool administered through the Office of Regulatory Affairs and Research Compliance. Learn more about REDCap.
- Protocols.io Premium is available for free for Harvard Chan School researchers – protocols.io allows you to create step-by-step detailed, interactive, and dynamic protocols that can be run on mobile or web. This platform is useful for researchers in any discipline that uses a step-by-step methodology, including life sciences, data science, and computational social sciences. Administered by Countway Library, learn more about Protocols.io Premium.