The PCE is an intensive 15-credit Certificate Program providing clinical investigators with fundamental training in Clinical Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and other skills needed for clinical research. If desired, PCE graduates have the option of transferring tuition and credits to future HSPH summer-only and specific academic-year degree programs if accepted into these programs within 5 years of completing the PCE.
PCE applicants who are not submitting a concurrent degree application must review the requirements and instructions below.
Non-Degree Application Deadline: February 1, 2022
EXTENDED Non-Degree Application Deadline: March 1, 2022
2022 Non-Degree Application Requirements
- 2022 PCE Application Supplement – Submit this brief online form
- SOPHAS Express Application, which includes:
- $50 Non-Refundable Application Fee
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- One page document addressing the reasons you wish to attend this program, your professional goals and why you feel that this program will be beneficial to you
- Three Evaluations (Letters of Recommendation)
- Recommendations should detail the applicant’s clinical ability and/or research potential
- One recommendation should be from a division/department head verifying the applicant’s affiliation during the summer
- Transcripts (Optional) (If submitting transcripts, scan unofficial transcripts and upload into application as one document)
- Standardized Tests (Optional)
The SOPHAS Express application is a general application used by multiple Harvard Chan School summer programs with different application requirements so you must follow the following PCE-specific instructions:
- Select Program: “Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Program in Clinical Effectiveness (PCE), Summer, Non-Degree”
- Personal Information: Complete all sections
- Academic History:
- Colleges Attended: Complete this section
- Standardized Tests: Standardized tests are optional.
- Supporting Information:
- Evaluations: Complete three evaluation requests and SOPHAS Express will contact these individuals (via e-mail) to request recommendations. Review Application Requirements above for guidelines on Evaluations.
- Experience: Do not complete this section. This will be covered in your CV
- Achievements: Do not complete this section. This will be covered in your CV
- Licenses & Certifications: Do not complete this section. This will be covered in your CV.
- Additional Documents: Upload the following documents
- Personal Statement: Review Application Requirements above for guidelines on the Personal Statement.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Program Materials: Review this section
- Manage My Program: Submit the non-refundable $50 application fee via credit card and your application by the deadline.
- The evaluations/recommendations are critical to your application so give your evaluators plenty of time to submit prior to the deadline.
- Transcripts scores on standardized test (e.g. MCAT, GRE) are optional for non-degree PCE applicants.
- You may submit your application before your evaluations have been received, but check back to confirm the status of the evaluations.
- You may only submit the PCE Application Supplement once so be sure to review your answers prior to submission.
Late & Incomplete Applications
Applications will not be reviewed by the PCE Admissions Committee until all components are received. Late applications or applications that have late components will be reviewed only if space is still available and may be subject to a late application fee. Please note, the PCE often fills to capacity by the application deadline and the Admissions Committee develops a Waitlist.