The Office of Communications tells stories that illuminate the depth and breadth of the research and academic projects of Harvard Chan School faculty, researchers, students, and staff, using a wide variety of platforms. We manage the School’s website, promote faculty research, and produce a variety of print and digital publications to keep the general public and policymakers informed about important public health news that affects everyone.
The following are some of the primary activities carried out by the Communications team.
Promoting Harvard Chan School news
- Helping journalists with their print, web, TV, and radio stories by identifying experts for interviews on a wide range of public health topics
- Documenting Harvard Chan faculty appearances in a variety of news media
- Writing press releases announcing the latest research and news from the School
Informing the general public
- Creating content for the School’s website and other Harvard publications
- Producing the award-winning Harvard Public Health magazine three times a year
- Producing a variety of digital newsletters for the general public and the broader Harvard community
- Maintaining the School’s social media channels and producing the Better Off podcast
- Telling stories of public health that reflect people’s lives
- Convening global leaders in health policy, advocacy, industry, and research for events produced by Harvard Chan Studio
Focusing on the School
- Teaching communications best practices to administrators of departments, centers, and other School entities
- Working with School entities to identify their communications needs and determine best ways to address them
Requesting communications assistance
For media inquiries, contact:
Media Relations Manager
For inquiries/questions about the website, marketing, branding, social media, or other digital content, contact email@example.com. For all other questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, visit the communications resources page for more information.