The Office of Communications maintains a Communications Guide that staff, faculty, and students should use when communicating on behalf of a School office, department, center, institute, or initiative. In this guide you will find information about:
- Use of the School’s name
- Grammar and punctuation
- Social media
- Email communications
- Photography, video, and podcasting
- School logos
- Brand-appropriate fonts
Connecting with other communicators
If you work on email newsletters, social media, websites, or other communications on behalf of a center, institute, department, lab, or initiative, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the all-School communicators email list and Slack channel.
Communications tools for events
Virtual event resources
- Customized backgrounds for Zoom are now available.
- If you are recording your event, and plan to post the video on the website or on YouTube, that video must be captioned. Review our guide to video best practices prior to recording your event.
Request event promotion from the Office of Communications
- First, submit your event to the Harvard Chan School events calendar.
- Next, fill out a Digital Promotion Request to be considered for the weekly Kiosk newsletter and/or social media coverage.
- Filling out a request does not guarantee promotion from the Office of Communications.
Request other forms of promotion
The Office of Communications does not manage these channels.