May 29, 2020: Submission guidelines and publication times have changed, please plan accordingly.
Do you have an announcement that you want to get out to students?
The best way to reach our students is through our Student News Digest. Please review submission guidelines below.
The Office for Student Affairs reserves the right to edit, approve, or deny any submissions. Unless specifically stated otherwise, the events and activities promoted via Student News do not imply endorsement by nor official policy of the Office for Student Affairs or the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
To post messages to the digest please use the following submission form:
Guidelines for Posting to Student News
- Announcements must be submitted by 3pm the business previous day; submit on Friday for Monday’s email.
- Student News is delivered by email digest on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11am unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
- In most cases, events or other announcements may only be advertised twice on Student News. Please list the two dates you would like your announcement published when completing the Student News form.
- Events may be submitted up to two weeks in advance.
- Research Studies and request for participants are prohibited
- Job Opportunities should not be submitted to Student News, please refer to the Career Advancement Office: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/career-services/employers/postajob/
- For sale items and housing announcements are not permitted on Student News. Please submit these to the Classified website: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/student-affairs/classifieds
- Submissions are reviewed by OSA staff and may be edited before they are sent out.
- Policies may be changed and exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Office for Student Affairs.
Staff, faculty, alumni and other community members may subscribe to Students News at https://hsph.me/subscribestudentnews, active students are automatically subscribed.
How to Plan and Advertise an Event
Student events (academic and social) are planned by students by working with the Office for Student Affairs: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/student-handbook/student-life