Join the Office for Student Affairs in welcoming new students to campus as a member of the Harvard Chan Orientation Student Team (HOST)!
HOSTs are valuable members of the Orientation team and work to provide a welcoming and engaging experience to new students as they arrive on campus. HOSTs also lead social activities for new students (e.g., tours of Harvard, Boston Public Library, Arnold Arboretum, and more)! We seek enthusiastic and knowledgeable students with diverse interests and from various departments, programs, and fields of study.
As a HOST you will:
- Welcome new students to campus through Check-In (i.e., hand out nametags and schedules, network with new students during welcome breakfast).
- Introduce new students to campus services, building locations, and the student experience by leading Longwood Campus Tours.
- Collaborate with OSA to plan and lead social activities for community building, networking, and exploring Boston during Fall Orientation. These social activities may be either on or off campus.
- Provide general information about campus resources and services by answering questions for new students.
- Exemplify the mission, values, and principles of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
As a HOST you should be:
- A returning Harvard Chan students enrolled in courses during the fall 2022 semester
- In good academic standing.
- Available on all important dates:
- HOSTs Training (August 19; time TBD)
- Fall Orientation Week (August 22-26)
As a HOST you have:
- A strong interest in the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and assisting new students transition to life at Harvard Chan.
- Excitement to share your student experience with others.
- Flexibility, collaboration, and a positive attitude.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion.
HOSTs will be paid $20 an hour for 15-20 hours. Hours include fall training and fall orientation week.
To apply, please email Nelson Ysabel, Program Coordinator in the Office for Student Affairs at email@example.com to express your interest ASAP.