Join the Office for Student Affairs in welcoming new students to campus as a Harvard Chan Orientation Student Team (HOST) member!
HOSTs are valuable members of the Orientation team and work to provide a welcoming and engaging experience for new students as they arrive on campus. HOSTs lead social activities for new students during fall orientation (e.g., tours of Harvard, Boston Public Library, Arnold Arboretum, and more)! HOSTs may have the opportunity to facilitate additional welcome activities during the first several weeks of the fall semester! We seek enthusiastic and knowledgeable students with diverse interests and from various departments, programs, and fields of study.
As a HOST you will:
- Welcome new students to campus through Check-In (i.e., hand out nametags and schedules, network with new students during welcome breakfast).
- Introduce new students to campus services, building locations, and the student experience by leading Longwood Campus Tours.
- Collaborate with OSA to plan and facilitate social activities for community building, networking, and exploring Boston during Fall Orientation and the beginning of fall semester. These social activities may be either on or off campus.
- Provide general information about campus resources and services by answering questions for new students.
- Exemplify the mission, values, and principles of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
As a HOST you should be:
- A returning Harvard Chan student enrolled in courses during the fall 2023 semester
- In good academic standing.
- Available on all important dates:
- HOSTs Training (early August; date & time TBD)
- Fall Orientation Week (August 21-25)
- (Optional) Fall Weekend Social Activities (dates & time TBD)
As a HOST you have:
- A strong interest in the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and assisting new students transition to life at Harvard Chan.
- Excitement to share your student experience with others.
- Flexibility, collaborative mindset, and a positive attitude.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion.
HOSTs will be paid $20/hour. HOSTs can expect to work 15-20 hours during orientation week and will be paid for all training hours prior to orientation. Additional fall semester social activities and any planning or preparation time will be compensated at $20/hour.
To apply, please email Nelson Ysabel, Program Coordinator in the Office for Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.