Graduates assume a multitude of positions after they graduate including post-doctoral fellows, faculty members and research scientists in graduate schools, medical schools, research institutes or schools of public health. Career opportunities in the biological sciences as they apply to public health have also grown in academia and in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
BPH students have access to the GSAS Office of Career Services for resources regarding non-academic pathways such as well as more traditional academic pathways, ranging from career fairs to interviewing skills.
Remember you also have access to Harvard Chan School’s Office of Career Services:
• Log onto CareerConnect (SPH site) for job, fellowship, & internship opportunities
• Check out the Careers Resources on the Career Advancement Website for comprehensive public health job search tools
• Check the HSPH Alumni Community and the Harvard Wide Alumni Community for alumni contacts/mentors
Useful Forms and Documents:
- Sample CV for Academe
- Sample CV for Industry
- New Biosketch Format (Sample)
- New Biosketch Format (For Use)
- CV, Resume or Something in-between (Powerpoint)
The Perfect Elevator Pitch to Land a Job (Source: Forbes)
10 Steps to Career Fair Success (Source: SPH Office for Career Advancement)
7 Things You Need to Do After Attending a Career Fair (Source: Rasmussen)
Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are (Source: Professor Amy Cuddy, HBS @ TEDGlobal 2012)