The PDA Council has open positions (listed below). If you are interested in joining us, join us at our June monthly meeting. Or reach out to us at email@example.com or on Slack if you have questions.
- Preside over meetings of the Council.
- Give reports of actions to the Council at each meeting.
- Coordinate relations with the administration of the Harvard T. H Chan School of Public Health and convey the recommendations and decisions of the Council to the administration at the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health, where required.
- Perform other duties required of the President and Vice President, as the Council may determine (PDA project management, team management/coordination, etc.)
(Also a member of the Communications Committee) – Organize PDA Council Meetings, keep and make meeting minutes and record attendance of the meeting. Maintain familiarity with PDA bylaws, advise organization adherence to bylaws, monitor needed changes, or amendments to the bylaws.
Establish and manage the Harvard Chan PDA budget, present a summary of financial activities of the PDA at council meetings, and to represent the PDA in financial dealings with the School and other campus entities.
Chair of Professional Development Committee
- Organize programs and events that can allow postdocs and research associates from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health to develop soft skills (in time and/or project management, for example), and get better prepared for their next career step (career panels, events on job talks, networking and salary negotiation, etc.)
- Maintain a repository of career resources on the PDA website (https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/pda/career-development-activities/)
- Co-run a mentoring program for postdoctoral fellows and research associates with the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health’s Research Scientist Association
- Work collaboratively with Alumni, and other offices (Office of Faculty Affairs, Postdoc offices, etc.) and Postdoctoral Associations from other schools to organize joint career/professional development events
Chair of Educational Initiatives
Work in conjunction with the Curriculum Fellows Program to develop Nanocourses led by Harvard Chan Postdocs and Research Associates.
Chair of Social Committee
Maintain social calendar, organize, and evaluate social events for postdocs and research associates. Such activities include such as pub nights, ice cream socials, trivia nights, postdoc-faculty mixers, and volunteering events such as annual Charles River cleanup, soup kitchen volunteering, etc. The Chair will be co-chair of Postdoc Appreciation Week Committee as well.
Representatives (7 positions open)
Work with other officers of the council in advancing PDA’s agenda. Such activities include assisting the duties of council chairs, assume representation role to Harvard Chan Dean’s Advisory CDI, Boston-PDA, and NPA, and coordinate ad-hoc activities such as poster day, conference and international travel awards, and postdoc mentor award. At-large representatives can also suggest the formation of a new committee or join existing core committee(s).
Available representative positions
- Representative (At-Large)
- Representative (At-Large)
- Representative (Department of Biostatistics)
- Representative (Department of Environmental Health)
- Representative (Department of Epidemiology)
- Representative (Department of Health Policy & Management)
- Representative (Department of Nutrition)