Kocaeli University Medical School International Travel Award
The Kocaeli University Medical School International Travel Award is designed for postdoctoral fellows and research associates at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health who are interested in building up their expertise in presenting research, teaching, consulting, setting up a research lab, and organizing workshops. The Award aims to help postdoctoral fellows and research associates become more independent in their research field through providing such professional opportunities in one of the renowned Medical Schools of Turkey.
The award is sponsored by the Kocaeli University Medical School (Turkey) and will cover a round trip flight to Turkey, accommodation, meal plans and local transportation in Kocaeli. The recipients will participate in a week long academic program that will be designed according to their scientific fields. The academic program entails giving a lecture to faculty members, fellows and medical students in Kocaeli University Medical School. It will also provide the recipients academic opportunities in consulting, teaching, giving a seminar, and organizing a workshop, doing a field survey during the week-long program. Additional activities may be added to the program consistent with each recipient’s interests. The Kocaeli Travel Award is managed by the PDA’s Awards Committee Chair.
For more information about the program, please consult the following resources:
- 2016 Kocaeli Medical School Travel Award Winners and experiences in the Crimson Chronicle Spring 2016 issue (page 4).
- Previous editions of Kocaeli Medical School Travel Award Winners published in Harvard Gazette.
- Furkan Burak (email@example.com), Harvard Chan liaison with Kocaeli University Medical School.
2019 Kocaeli Award Winners
Congratulations to the winners of the 2019 Kocaeli International Travel Award:
- José Ignacio Nazif-Muñoz, Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Environmental Health
- Sarah Huber-Krum, Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Global Health and Population
- Eziamaka Ezenkwele, Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Global Health and Population
2018 Kocaeli Award Winners
- Aisha Dickerson, Postdoctoral Fellow in the Departments of Epidemiology and Environmental Health
- Tia McGill Rogers, Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Epidemiology
- Maria Korre, Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Environmental Health
We congratulate our 2018 Kocaeli Award winners! We wish them a successful trip and hope they have an intellectually stimulating experience!
Please refer to the judging criteria for details on the selection process.
Jani Saksi, Dania Valvi, Scott Olesen
Christian Suharlim, Sy Han Chiou, Hector Castro
Gamze Kuser Abali, Mercedes Sotos Prieto, Morteza Asgarzadeh
Feyza Engin, Alberto Caban-Martinez