(1) Postdoctoral Opportunities in Statistical Genetics
The statistical genetics research group of Dr. Liming Liang at Harvard School of Public Health invites applicants to a 2-3 year Postdoctoral Fellow position emphasizing the statistical designs and analysis of genome-wide studies for human complex diseases and traits. Our group focuses on
(1) Analysis of gene expression and methylation data, particular eQTL/meQTL mapping using both microarray and sequencing data, gene expression/methylation network estimation and its association with disease and trait of interest.
(2) New statistical approaches for the analysis of next-generation sequencing data. Ongoing projects include high depth sequencing on ~4000 breast cancer case-control subjects from multiple populations. The goals include fine mapping causal loci responsible for breast cancer risk and developing optimal design for next-generation sequencing studies.
(3) New statistical framework to maximize the utility of multiple related phenotypes and elucidate how genetic and epigenetic variants and their interaction with environmental factors involve in pathogenesis of complex diseases and traits.
(4) Statistical model to integrate genome-wide eQTL/meQTL data with genome-wide association studies.
The fellows will work closely with Dr. Liang, with other quantitative Ph.D’s in his group, and with collaborators at HSPH, HMS and The Broad Institute. Fellows will be mentored to facilitate transition to independent research careers by emphasizing acquisition of analytic, writing, and other research skills. Review of applications begins immediately.
Applicants should have a doctoral degree in Statistics/Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Computer Science or other relevant discipline with strong quantitative research background; practical experience working with large scale genetic data sets, developing new methods, and producing high-quality published work, are desirable.
Please submit a brief statement of interest, CV, contact information for at least 3 references, and one sample publication by email to Liming Liang, firstname.lastname@example.org. Address: Department of Epidemiology and Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Building 2, Room 211A, 655 Huntington Ave, Boston, Massachusetts 02115. Phone: 617.432.5896. HSPH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.