Unfortunately we will not be accepting any new visiting scientists from March 2023–August 2024.
As a way to foster a diverse intellectual environment, the Harvard Pop Center is pleased to welcome visiting scientists from other universities during the course of the year. Visits can occur for one week up to six months. Ordinarily, visiting scientists are established scholars who must (1) hold a doctoral degree or the foreign equivalent and (2) have an appointment comparable to that of a Harvard faculty member, and (3) are in most cases on temporary leave from their universities or research centers. Meet our current visiting scientists!
The Harvard Pop Center will provide visiting scientists with office space (sometimes shared). For visits longer than a month, a computer account and access to the University libraries will be arranged.
It is expected that visiting scientists:
- Have sponsorship by a Harvard faculty member (preferably a Pop Center faculty member).
- Will conduct a seminar that showcases their research at the Harvard Pop Center (dependent upon the Center’s event calendar).
- Attend and participate in Harvard Pop Center events.
- Will reside at the Harvard Pop Center for the majority of time for the duration of their visit.
- Have funding from their home universities or from outside grant or funding agencies. For those being sponsored on a visa, a funding threshold must be met.
An online application should be submitted by interested parties as far in advance as possible; reviews of these applications will be conducted on a rolling basis. For non-US citizens who are accepted, Laura Price will assist in obtaining the correct type of visa.
If you have questions about the Visiting Scientist program at the Harvard Pop Center or need help with the application form, please contact Laura Price at email@example.com.