Winokur Fellowship Requirements

Fellowship Requirements

Successful applicants will receive a notice of award from the Dean’s Office. Fellows are required to submit a signed Fellowship Acceptance Form and complete the vendor setup on Harvard Supplier Portal in order to receive the Fellowship stipend.

Fellowship Commitments
  • Engage in full-time on-site fieldwork with the local host organization. Fellows must arrange to stay in Mississippi for 8 weeks between June 1 and August 30, 2024. This is an in-person, on-site requirement. Remote work is not accepted.
  • Attend the MS Delta Summer Institute (starts on June 23) and Delta Directions Regional Forum in Clarksdale, Mississippi (June 27-28, 2024).
  • Participate in the Community Engaged Learning Fellowship program
    • Attend the in-person orientation (Wednesday, May 1, 8:00-9:30AM) and debrief (first week of October) sessions designed to cultivate a community of learning for Fellows.
    • Journal and reflect on the role as a learner in the field.
    • Engage with other Fellows to create a learning community within the cohort.
    • Submit progress and final reports as required for all Community Engaged Learning Fellowship participants.
    • Attend meetings with the donor, present on community engaged learning experience with the larger School community, and participate in other activities as needed to support and promote community engaged learning.

Fellows will receive 75% of funding upon receipt of the award and the remaining 25% upon submission of the final report.

Payments for travel and other individual expenses are the responsibility of the awardee. Students should discuss any logistics about any project expenses with the host organization to address any questions or issues in advance.