Policy Changes Effective Summer 2021
- Students transferring in the 15-credit PCE program completed as a non-degree student are billed 1/3 of the current year’s MPH45 or SM42.5 tuition rate in each of 2 summers.
- Students with no prior credits to transfer are billed ½ of the current year’s MPH45 or SM 42.5 tuition rate in each of 2 summers.
Students in the academic year MPH45 or SM42.5 degree program are billed a flat amount during each fall and spring semester of enrollment until the tuition requirement is completed, according to details outlined below. Tuition for courses completed in the summer is included in that academic year’s flat rate.
- Students transferring in the 15 credit PCE program completed as a non-degree student are billed 1/3 of the current year’s MPH45 or SM 42.5 tuition rate in each of the next fall and spring terms, whether full-time or part-time.
If you were enrolled in the PCE program, but completed less than 15 credits, please see the Non-Degree Transfer Credits section below to determine how these credits will be applied to your degree program.
- Students with no prior credits to transfer are billed ½ of the current year’s MPH45 or SM 42.5 tuition rate in each of 2 fall & spring semesters for full-time students, ¼ of the current year’s MPH45 or SM 42.5 tuition rate in each of 4 fall & spring semesters for part-time students.
This policy applies to any students that have completed the PCE program as a non-degree student and matriculate as a degree student effective Summer 2021 and going forward. The PCE credits must have been taken within the preceding five years of matriculating into a degree program.
Non-Degree Transfer Credits
If a Harvard Chan non-degree student applies for and is granted admission into a masters degree program, up to 20 credits of completed coursework may be applied to the tuition degree requirement under the following conditions:
- If the tuition was paid in full to the School
- If the courses taken were within the preceding five years of matriculating in a degree program
- 15 to 20 transfer credits will be equivalent to one full-time semester of tuition towards the tuition requirement
- 7.5 to 14.99 transfer credits will will be equivalent to one part-time semester of tuition towards the tuition requirement
- Less than 7.5 credits will not carry a financial benefit
Note that upon entering the degree program, students will be billed at the current flat tuition rate for the remaining semesters necessary to complete program requirements. Students should carefully consider enrollment options (i.e. full-time, part-time, summer enrollment) for completing the degree when transferring in prior credits, as this may not guarantee a lower total cost of the degree.
For prior coursework to be applied, all non-degree students must file a Harvard Chan Non-Degree Transfer Credit Form with the Registrar’s Office requesting that the academic and tuition credits be applied to the degree program.