Welcome to the Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies!
As a University-wide initiative, we bring together scientists from all corners of the Harvard campus – and beyond – to make exciting advances in population research. With seven billion people living on the planet and a projected nine billion by 2050, our focus is on examining the most nuanced trends and important challenges in this century.
- Fri, Dec 6 - “The (perceived) Probabilities to Win and the Demand for Lottery Tickets in Rural Thailand”
- Mon, Dec 9 - “The Unexpected Gifts of Trauma”
- Thurs, Dec 12 - “Legal Approaches to Food Policy Reform: Perspectives from the Harvard Food Law and Policy Clinic”
- Fri, Dec 13 - “Adverse Childhood Events and Cardiovascular Disease”
- On Wed, Nov 20, Lisa Berkman testified before the U.S. Senate Subcommittee on Primary Health and Aging http://www.sanders.senate.gov/
- Read about our new study called “Health and Aging in Africa: Longitudinal Studies of INDEPTH communities“
- Applications are now being accepted for our postdoctoral training programs (Bell and Spiegelman Fellowships).
- Our current issue of Bow Street Bulletin is now available.