Welcome to the Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies!
As a University-wide initiative, we bring together scientists from all corners of the Harvard campus – and beyond – to make exciting advances in population research. With seven billion people living on the planet and a projected nine billion by 2050, our focus is on examining the most nuanced trends and important challenges in this century.
- Thursday, March 13 – “Emotion and Decision Making,” presented by Jennifer Lerner, PhD, Professor of Public Policy and Management, Harvard Kennedy School of Government
- March 14—”Diurnal profile of affect, self-esteem, tiredness and suicidality in Major Depressive Disorder,” presented by Eimear Crowe, PhD candidate, Dept. of Psychiatry and Mental Health Research, St. Vincent’s University Hospital, and the School of Medicine, University College Dublin
- On January 21, Pop Center Director Lisa Berkman participated in a panel discussion sponsored by The Forum at HSPH (in collaboration with The Huffington Post) titled “Living Longer and Happier Lives: The Science Behind Healthy Aging.” Watch the recorded webcast.
- On Wed, Nov 20, Lisa Berkman testified before the U.S. Senate Subcommittee on Primary Health and Aging http://www.sanders.senate.gov/
- Read about our new study called “Health and Aging in Africa: Longitudinal Studies of INDEPTH communities“
- Our current issue of Bow Street Bulletin is now available.