Welcome to the Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies!
As a University-wide initiative, we bring together scientists from all corners of the Harvard campus – and beyond – to make exciting advances in population research. With seven billion people living on the planet and a projected nine billion by 2050, our focus is on examining the most nuanced trends and important challenges in this century.
- Friday, April 25 - “Associations between Psychosocial Workplace Factors and Health Care Utilization” presented by Jessica Williams, PhD, RWJF Health & Society Scholar, Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies
- On January 21, Pop Center Director Lisa Berkman participated in a panel discussion sponsored by The Forum at HSPH (in collaboration with The Huffington Post) titled “Living Longer and Happier Lives: The Science Behind Healthy Aging.” Watch the recorded webcast.
- On Wed, Nov 20, Lisa Berkman testified before the U.S. Senate Subcommittee on Primary Health and Aging http://www.sanders.senate.gov/
- Read about our new study called “Health and Aging in Africa: Longitudinal Studies of INDEPTH communities“
- Our current issue of Bow Street Bulletin is now available.