Designed to build upon a strong base of ongoing research and teaching in nutrition and global health at HSPH, the Nutrition and Global Health Concentration includes five participating departments:
- Global Health and Population
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Environmental Health
- To provide training on the methods, substantive knowledge, and translation/implementation skills necessary to prepare students to conduct nutrition and global health research;
- To bring together students, faculty and scientific researchers from varying disciplines and departments in these domains;
- To foster collaboration among faculty in the School and University in developing research and programs for nutrition and global health;
- To create a focal point within the School for key external collaborations and ventures to address the pressing needs of populations affected by under-nutrition and over-nutrition.