After being admitted, some students may find early in their degree program (first few weeks) that their interests and career objectives are better aligned with a different field of study within the MPH program. They may request to change their field of study within the same MPH degree variant, i.e. field of study within either the MPH-65 or MPH-45 program.
Students considering changing their field of study must submit their request and a new statement of purpose and objectives to the MPH Program at firstname.lastname@example.org by 10:00 a.m. ET on August 31.
Please note that approval is not guaranteed and is also dependent upon available space in required courses. Requests submitted prior to the opening of the second priority enrollment wave are more likely to be approved.
All field of study changes are processed via the following standard process:
- In your email request, state your reason for requesting a change in field of study
- Please attach a new statement of purpose and objectives (should not exceed 600 words) describing the following:
- Your academic and/or professional preparation for a career in public health
- Your focused interest in the new MPH field of study
- Career plans upon completion of the program at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
For questions about changing your field of study, please contact the MPH-OEP Office at email@example.com.